A hackable, programmable badge with E Ink® display, powered by Raspberry Pi RP2040.
In honour of Raspberry Pi’s 10th birthday, we’ve fused a RP2040 microcontroller with an EPD display to make a stylishly monochrome, maker friendly, e-paper badge(r) to attach to your person, your office door or to prop up on your desk. With the support of the fun guys (and gals and non-binary pals) at Ineltek and Raspberry Pi we’ve been able to keep it as low cost as possible, hoorah!
We’ve equipped Badger 2040 with plenty of buttons so you can easily change what’s displayed on the screen, a slot so you can clip it onto a lanyard and a battery connector so you can keep things portable and refresh the screen whilst on the go. On the back, you’ll find some funky badgerpunk stylings plus our RP2040 accoutrements of choice: boot and reset buttons and a Qw/ST connector so it’s super easy to plug in Qwiic or STEMMA QT breakouts
Here are some things you could do with it!
- Switch between images, pronouns or secret identities at the push of a button
- Make yourself into a mobile weather station or air quality monitor (by adding a sensor breakout)
- Store important QR codes for getting into places (or to Rickroll people)
- Make a tiny to-do list and tick stuff off
- Display inspirational badger quotes or educational badger facts of the day
Want to show your Badger the world? We’ve put together a convenient Badger + Accessory Kit which contains batteries, a lanyard and everything else that’s needed to get portabello.